Mocktail Monday #1: The Lemon, Cayenne, Ginger, Kale Blast
How are you? This morning I am super stoked to add a new series to Super Strength Health, with KeVita as my focus. What’s KeVita, you ask? WELL. KeVita is a probiotic beverage that I am all about. It is vegan and gluten-free, of course, and has zero added sugar. (At least that is true for 11 of the 12 flavors. The lemon ginger has evaporated cane syrup in it, so I steer clear of that one.) It is fizzy and sparkly and sweet, without being as intense as kombucha, and I drink it pretty much every day, especially now that I am doing some demo work for them, and really noticing the effects that regular consumption has on my digestion.
The first mocktail I am presenting to you was a show stopper at the SuperTasty Cookbook Release party and I can totally see why. It is spicy, sweet, has just a hint of green flavor, and although it is cool, it is totally warming due to the ginger and cayenne. Drink it for a natural boost (I’ve been trying it instead of my second afternoon coffee) and prepare to be absolutely pumped.
|The Lemon, Cayenne, Ginger, Kale Blast|| |
- 1 bottle of Lemon Cayenne flavor KeVita
- 2-4 inches of fresh ginger, depending on how much spice you like
- 4 large leaves lacinato kale
- Pour your KeVita into a medium sized mixing bowl, going slowly so that it doesn't over-fizz
- Peel your ginger and run it through a juicer
- Wash kale and juice it into the same cup as the ginger
- Pour ginger kale juice into the KeVita bowl and gently stir
- Pour into cups and serve immediately, or pour back in bottle using a funnel. If you are saving it for later screw the cap on as tight as possible so that the beverage doesn't go flat
I hope you enjoy!
One last thing:
Do you wish you were eating a little more simply, or a little more healthfully? Do you want to make dietary changes to get animal products, gluten, refined sugar, and processed foods out of your diet, even if just for two weeks? Do you want more energy from cleaner-burning foods? Do you like a little extra accountability?
You should totally join my Reset and Restore program. It’s a serious deal, starts November 2nd, and I am super excited about it. Feel free to share widely!