Garlic Coconut Quinoa
This super simple recipe will make your entire house smell amazing.
My housemate, who is not a quinoa fan, described it as the best quinoa she’s ever had.
Make it, immediately, and let your taste buds sink into creamy, rich, garlicky, heaven.
|Garlic Coconut Quinoa|| |
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5-10 cloves of whole garlic, depending on how much you hate vampires
- green onions for garnish
- Add quinoa, salt, and coconut milk to a pot or rice cooker and stir (since coconut milk is more dense than water, you will need to stir a few times throughout cooking to ensure your quinoa is evenly fluffy)
- Peel garlic cloves and pop them into your quinoa/coconut mix whole (trust me, they are going to cook so much that they will be mild by the time you eat them)
- Cook quinoa as instructed on the package. Once all the liquid of the coconut milk is absorbed, check to see if the quinoa is done to your liking (it should be fluffy, not seedy). If not add ¼ to ½ cup of water and cook until absorbed.