Protein Almond Butter
I have interest in infusing all of my food with protein powder. I don’t know why, exactly, but I seem to do well when I am eating a whole lot of protein (Oh wait, maybe it’s the weightlifting). This is a super simple recipe that infuses my two favorite things (Vega products and nut butter) It’s great for dipping apples into, throwing in smoothies, and making sandwiches out of. DO IT. You know you want to.
|Protein Almond Butter|| |
- 3 cups sprouted raw almonds or roasted and salted almonds, depending on your preference for salt.
- 1 single serving packet or scoop of Vega One (I used French Vanilla Flavor, but I imagine any of the flavors would be great)
- You definitely do not need to add sweetener here, but if you enjoy a maple flavor, 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup is great.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor with an S-blade, and whiz away
- Frequently stop to scrape down the sides of the processor
- Let blend until completely smooth and drippy. This may take 10-15 minutes